Auto Interiors VOC Emission Test Chamber
The auto interiors VOC emission test chamber can provide a standard test environment (such as specified temperature, relative humidity, air exchange rate and airflow rate, VOC) or simulate a real indoor environment to test the release rate and release properties of pollutants from various interior materials and products. From the test results, users will:
- Determine the impact of environmental variables on material and products release rates and release characteristics.
- Classify the materials and products grade according to their release characteristics.
- Develop, verify and predict models of indoor air pollution.
- Evaluate indoor air quality (IAQ) according to indoor pollutant data or predicted model.
- Air is compressed by air compressor, and the solid particles, formaldehyde, volatile organic compounds in the air are removed. Then the purified air is released into the test chamber.
- The climate box adopts a jacket. The temperature of the test chamber is indirectly adjusted through controlling the temperature of jacket.
- Dew point method is applied to adjust humidity of the climate chamber and humidity inside the test chamber. The method is simple and effective.
|Environmental cleanliness requirements||There is no pollution source in the surrounding environment. TVOC≤500ug/m³|
|Climate chamber volume (mm)||D1580*W800*H800||D900*W1000*H1100||D910*W2000*H1100|
|Temperature adjustable range||20℃～100℃ High temperature cleaning 250℃ or above|
|Humidity adjustable range||40~70%R.H.(20~30 ) ℃, when it is in line with ADA276, humidity is 5% 65℃|
|Air exchange rate||0.2～5time/h±5%(Optional exchange rate specifications)|
|power supply||AC 380V / 50Hz / 3-phase power supply 5-wire system|
|VOC background concentration||Single VOC concentration less than 2ug / m³ ; TVOC concentration less than 20ug / m³|
|Recovery rate||The recovery rate of toluene, dodecane or tetradecane is more than 80%|
|Clean air system||Standard configuration|
The coated stainless steel inner wall improves the adsorption capacity of VOC substances with high boiling point and polar compounds. The recovery of tetradecane, 4 phenyl cyclohexene is more than 80%.
The patent is about how to deal with the connection surface between VOC emission chamber and the testing object. The technology helps to reduce the surface adhesive force, largely reducing VOC’s adhesiveness on chamber’s interior wall. In this way, the testing result of samples stored in the sampling bag is more close to the result of testing object in chamber, and the testing precision of emission chamber is largely improved.
- Stainless steel surface (after treating)
- Stainless steel surface (before treating)
- Main components of auto interiors VOC emission test chamber
Interior shot of test chamber
- Test hole and gas sampling port: (gas sampling port can be added according to user’s requirements)
High temperature catalytic box:
- Operating interface
- Test interface
- Curve display
- Fault alarm
- Operation setting
- Program setting
|GB18580-2001||Formaldehyde emission in wood-based panel and relevant products|
|GB18584-2001||Limit to harmful substances of interior decoration materials wood furniture|
|GB18587-2001||Release limits to harmful substances of interior decoration materials carpets, carpet linings and carpet adhesives|
|ASTM D6007-02||Standard test method of small size environmental test chamber for formaldehyde concentration in wood products release gas|
|ENV717-1||Environmental test chamber for wood-based panel formaldehyde emission|
|EN13419-1||Environmental test chamber for VOCs released from construction products - Part one Method for release test of environmental test chamber|
|HJ 571-2010||Technical requirement for environmental labeling products - Wood based panels and finishing products|
|HJ 566-2010||Technical requirement for environmental labeling products wooden toys|